The Hills College of Medicine (HCOM)
is founded and operates under an enabling authority executed by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Vanuatu. HCOM is pleased to offer its courses to all students seeking a medical degree. Dr Colin Kong, MD, M.HscPsy, MBA, is appointed as the dean of the College. HCOM is
affiliated with Hills Education Group Australia 8123491358
According to the PM, the Medical Board of Vanuatu will recognize the medical degree from HCOM . Its graduates are eligible to practice within the country of Vanuatu, subject to any local laws relating to immigration, work permits, and admission to practice.
HCOM Approach to Learning: HCOM has both licensed and internally-developed software programs and content (cases, exhibits, assessments) developed and used by medical schools in Australia and the USA for digital, including online learning.
HCOM students have access to highly qualified clinical tutors both on campus and online. These clinical tutors work with small groups of students in regular tutorial sessions that focus upon intensive "Guided Discovery Learning" (a variant of problem-based learning), combined with self-instruction and self-assessment.
Using the HCOM approach students will be able to study either in Vanuatu or for some parts of the course via distance learning mode from their own country.
Advantages to This Approach: Offers flexibility in terms of pace of instruction and location of instruction; provides instruction in an internationally accepted method of medical education: problem based/guided discovery learning; encourages students to have patient contact and clinical experiences from the beginning of the degree program; minimizes disruption to personal and working life while studying; increases access to the study of medicine; allows for progressive payment of fees as and when the student can afford to study.
Course Structure: The academic year comprises 6 blocks of 8 weeks each. There is only one four-week break at Christmas. The course consists of 18 blocks of study. There is a rolling admission allowing students to enter every 8 weeks.
This is a graduate entry program which composes two parts:
1. Foundation of Medicine including: Psychiatry, Orthopaedics/Dermatology, Haematology/Lymphology, Pulmonology, Cardiology, Urology/Gastroenterology, Obstetric/Gynaecological/Paediatric Health, Endocrinology, Pathology and Neurology. The Foundation of Medicine aspect will be completed by online curriculum. All students are required to satisfactorily pass barrier exams before going to the Clinical Science segment of the program. Clinical Science including Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Psychiatry and Paediatrics.
2. The Clinical Science portion of the program must be completed by clinical rotation in recognised hospital based training. It comprises 72 weeks clinical rotation.Students will be conferred MBBS/MD after completion of two parts of the programs.
Admission Requirements and Student Selection: All candidates should have undertaken basic science courses. A semi-structured interview will be held to focusing on the personal qualities important for the pursuit of a career in medicine.
Hills College of Medicine develops the curriculum in collaboration with
- 13 year old startup
- Founded by Authors of USMLE First Aid Student-funded
- Hundreds of student Authors and Faculties advisers
- Narrative text module
- High-quality, labeled images
- Concise, illustrative videos
- Virtual histology and pathology labs
- PBLs, TBLs and others cases for self-study
- Large bank of high-quality assessment items
HCOM also offers Bachelor of Medical Science degree, please contact us for details. email@example.com